Saturday, August 27, 2011

Beware of Sticky Tiles



I've been trying to earn my keep. First I had to help Auntie get the kitchen floor ready for the new tile--measuring, cutting the wood, putting in the the screws and painting on the primer. Actually, I didn't paint, I just sat at the edge and watched.

The real fun began yesterday when we started putting down the tile. I couldn't figure out how to be the most help. When Auntie was working on the edges--measuring and cutting--I decided to get a closer look. I stretched out on the floor behind her. When I got up I had half a tile stuck to my tummy and dragging on the floor between my legs! I couldn't move. When I tried to walk I got stuck on two more tiles that were lying on the floor. Boy was I embarrassed! Auntie thought I looked pretty funny--it's just a good thing they didn't get a picture.