Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life Lessons - What I've Learned


Having two new brothers is a big responsibility. I have learned so many lessons (often the hard way) that I want to pass on.

1. Stay out of the road. Anyone who knows me knows how I learned this lesson. I still have the battle scars to show for my encounter with a car.

2. Always wear your tags. I got hauled off to "jail" when I was wondering around without my ID. Mom had to come and bail me out.

3. Come when you're called. Yesterday I was outside with Popo and Auntie. I was just checking things out around the yard when I say the tailgate to the car open--looks like we might be going someplace. I jumped in and laid down so I wouldn't get left behind. When they called I stood up in the window. They kept calling my name. They thought it was pretty funny when they saw me standing up in the window, but I could have gotten in big trouble for not coming when I was called.

4. Do not eat bar bait. Actually, don't eat just anything you find lying around. I know from experience what a trip to the emergency room is like.

5. Don't wear your new sweater if you're going to chase something through a brush pile. I've lost all my sweaters this way, and guys, it gets cold in the winter.

6. Learn the sound of the treat sack. Enough said.